Sunday 24 October 2010

Knitted and felted bells for your Tree

I'm a bit obsessed with Xmas so made this wee pattern up. Maybe someone else will like it, maybe not, but I'm plonking it here anyway!






Use 100% wool and needles to give fairly loose tension.

Cast on 30, work 2 rs st st.
*k1, k2tog* to end, 20 sts.
Work 13 rows st st.
*k2tog* to end, 10 sts
Purl 1 row
*k2tog* to end, 5 sts. Cut long tail, thread through and pull up 5 loops and sew seam. It won't look amazing.





You could knit it in the round if you enjoy that sort of thing. Now felt it in the washing machine at at least 40 degrees c. Pull into shape esp around base before drying. Add loop and maybe a wee bell.

There you are, bells for your tree.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this pattern! It it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou, I was pleasantly surprised by how they turned out! Let me know if you knit some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already finished one. I would like to do about 10. I will blog, link to you and share when they are all done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, I'm quite excited that my pattern really worked and via the magical tinterweb someone else made one! Off to visit your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. what size needle did you use

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...