Saturday 18 December 2010

Saturday - old knitting, apparently I used to be obsessed with 3ply

Found this when digging yarn out of the garage



I knitted it for dan's christening but it never got finished because we had to postpone it. Wish I'd remembered about it in time for Abi to wear it, I think she's too big now :(
It's not perfect, but I do think it's rather lovely. I love the smocking



Although it has many faults which at the time I didn't predict and now might have been able to avoid, eg the lack of decreasing after the smocking, the gaping neckline, insufficient shaping at armholes...I still love it though.

Not sure why I used to be so committed to baby weight yarn, it terrifies me now! It does look more Vintage-y I suppose. Apparently during rationing, 3ply was the only weight available! Can you imagine!

Also:



Old crochet: dan's rainbow blanket, he was so sad this is too small for him now!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...