Friday 8 July 2011

Finished object Friday...crazy jumper

I finished the crazy jumper a couple of weeks ago but have been a slack blogger so only posting it now...



I'm really pleased with the yarn as I was worried it would be too bulky, but the alpaca content makes it a bit lighter



Dd is on a bit of a pockets kick so she's happy. And I'm pleased with the shawl collar as I didn't really know what I was doing with that.

The annoying bit is that I forget to set the sleeves in, which a thick jumper would benefit from. But she doesn't seem to care. The pleasing thing is that I managed to get on and knit it without interruption or distraction, which is vital when making it up as you go along if you want things to be vaguely symmetrical!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

12 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous :) Fantastic job on the shawl collar, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a slack blogger on my project too. Actually I prefer to think of it as a clever blogger. I kept this FO back so that I could post it when I didn't have another FO to post about - see clever, not slacker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jumper is adorable!

    I'm also a "clever blogger". I have a bunch of blacklogged FO posts that haven't gone up yet so when I have nothing else, up they go. Some of them are even partway written, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling sweater and little model. You should be pleased with your effort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh, that is just so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous sweater. Had to laugh, I was expecting a girls jumper. Jumper to me is a type of dress you were a blouse under, generally reserved for the fall and the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done a wonderful job with the jumper! I am very impressed that you made this up as you went along. I got a giggle out of your "not knowing" you were doing a shawl collar, which by the way does look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's interesting. Unusual to have a girl who likes brown instead of pink :-) Is it machine-washable ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is adorable and she looks adorable in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! You did a wonderful job and she looks great in it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cute, I adore the little shawl collar! And the pockets - ahh!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...