Friday 11 February 2011

Friday...this moment

Today I cleaned the stairs by hand with a damp cloth.  As you can tell, it needed doing.  It was nice doing it this way.  No chemicals, and no electricity.  No lugging a big plastic machine around.  No nervousness from Abi, who doesn't like the loud hoover (who does?) Instead, I could hear her chatting to herself as she played in her room.  When I checked on her, she was trying on all her dresses.  I could also hear the Archers on the radio.  I didn't have back ache, because I could kneel comfortably to rub and wipe, instead of bending over to lug a heavy machine, which occasionally falls on me.  I didn't have to throw anything away...apart from the dust...I just put the cloth in the cloth bag, to be washed when its full.

I wish we all had time to do 'life' this way.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely moment. I too wish we had time to live this way. Sometimes I think we've got it all wrong with all our gadgets and such.

    Thanks for stopping by today.

    Blessings, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...